Spilsbury Mortuary is Committed to Honoring Life
Honoring your loved one’s achievements and celebrating the life you shared together are the cornerstones of healing after loss.
We Offer Burial/Funeral and Memorial Services
Life is all about building relationships and sharing memories. No one’s life is the same, but having a commemorative event of some kind is a good way to celebrate choices, relationships, and memories of your loved one. Spilsbury Mortuary is here to help you visualize what is meaningful to you. While many families find great value in following the traditions of those gone before, some choose to honor life with more unique reflections.
It’s All About the Relationship
Honoring the life of your loved one means you value the relationship you shared. We look forward to helping you decide how to celebrate that bond and honor the unique individual you’ve lost. We can make suggestions to enhance your tribute ideas. Together we will create a fitting and memorable event.
Spilsbury Mortuary Tribute DVDs
For instance, we can skillfully blend your family photographs with music to create an elegantly emotive video. These videos are often an integral part of funeral or memorial services. After the ceremony, the DVD is sure to become a treasured family keepsake. We can make copies as gifts for family and friends as well.
Spilsbury Mortuary Personalized Printing
We also design and print memorial bookmarks, service programs, prayer cards, and folders that can include a favorite photo, poem, or personal tribute to your loved one. Add one of these treasured keepsakes to your service that guests can take with them. It’s tradition with a twist.
The traditional newspaper obituary is quickly being replaced by the memorial website. We’ve taken the concept further than anyone else. Our memorial sites are not just a repository of family photos and videos. They’re web 2.0 sites that connect family and friends all in honor of your loved one. We invite you to take a tour so that you can see its power to celebrate connections, honor a life, and record the love you shared.
Live Funeral Webcasting at Spilsbury Mortuary’s Chapel
Webcasting is the newest innovation in funeral service. It allows everyone you love to attend your loved one’s service. A webcast is viewed live over the Internet, archived for delayed viewing, and can be downloaded to a DVD for a permanent keepsake. We can make copies as gifts for family and friends as well.
Learn More About Honoring Your Loved One
You knew your loved one better than anyone else. We’ve got years of experience arranging meaningful services. Together, we’ll design the perfect memorial or funeral service for your loved one. Our funeral and memorial service options are listed below. If you have questions about these services, please call us at (435) 673-2454 or send us an email.
Funeral Service Options
Spilsbury Mortuary can customize a funeral by itemizing services that meet the specific needs of families. We also offer a variety of funeral and memorial packages. Funeral packages include all of the individual services needed for a traditional/adaptive funeral package. Memorial packages include fees for cremation instead of preparation of the decedent. See more information on memorial packages under our cremation section.
Funeral Service Packages
Your funeral service package can include the following:
Event Planning and Coordination
- Basic services of our funeral director and staff
- Arrangement conference
- Filling out required paperwork and filing of documents
- Compassionate care of family
- Other preparation of the body
- Dressing, cosmetology, restoration, and casketing
- Sheltering of remains
- Transfer of remains to our funeral home (within a 50-mile radius)
- Funeral coach
- Utility/floral vehicle
- Private family visitation
- Evening and daytime visitation at Spilsbury and/or another facility
- Funeral service at Spilsbury Mortuary’s chapel or another church chapel/facility
- Committal service at cemetery or mausoleum
Traditional Funeral Service
With our traditional funeral service package, your loved one will be casketed and presented for a visitation/viewing. This allows family and friends to pay their respects and share memories with the family of the deceased. Funeral services will be held at the Spilsbury Mortuary chapel, a church, or anywhere the family chooses. Traditional funeral services will often follow denominational guidelines. Clergy may be involved and will often times officiate the services. Spilsbury Mortuary works with all denominations and is familiar with various religious and cultural traditions.
Adaptive Funeral Service
An adaptive funeral service is a relatively new term in our industry. They can include all of the same ceremonies as a traditional funeral service. However, adaptive funeral services may or may not follow religious and cultural traditions. Many cultures also may be part of the life-celebrating services. The result is a service as unique as the individual.*
Funeral services can be held at the gravesite as well. Visitations or viewings can be held the evening before and/or morning before the graveside service. An informal, funeral procession will then proceed to the cemetery from the church or funeral home.
All of the same ceremonies can be held without the presence of the deceased. A visitation or gathering of friends and family may be held prior to the memorial service at Spilsbury Mortuary, a church, or another location of the family’s choosing. A memorial service is a great way to remember your loved one who has chosen to be cremated or previously interred out of town.
*If you are considering a service that does not follow the guidelines of a denomination, please inquire with local clergy as to whether this type of service is permitted in the church chapel.
Disposition Options for Casketed Remains
- Earth Burial:
- Available for casketed or cremated remains
- Cemetery costs are in addition to funeral home charges
- An outer burial container may be required depending on the cemetery statutes
- Burial at Sea:
- This type of disposition is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency
- The preparation of remains must be in accordance with accepted practices deemed appropriate by the U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, or civil authority charged with the responsibility for making such arrangements
- Mausoleum: Above-ground entombment for casket remains
- Columbarium: Above-ground entombment for cremated remains
- Anatomical Gift/Body Donation:
- Many individuals bequest their remains to the Body Donor Program. Their anatomic gift will train present and future health care professionals. It provides access to vital anatomic material needed by scientists pursuing remedies for a wide range of human maladies.
- Spilsbury Mortuary works in conjunction with the University of Utah’s School of Medicine and its Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy. We will assist you in making all of the necessary arrangements.